TBB FOUNDER’S SCHOLARSHIP
The TBB Founder’s Scholarship is a prestigious annual scholarship to be awarded to an exceptional TBB tutor or volunteer. This individual must have helped local students with tutoring and also promote volunteerism throughout the community. Recipients of this award will be chosen by the Board of Directors, up to a maximum of 2 per year.
Each scholarship awarded will be $1,000.00, and up to 2 recipients will be chosen per calendar year.
Every year, the application deadline is November 30th at midnight. Applications received past this date will be considered for the following year.
This scholarship is to be awarded as an encouragement to qualified past and present TBB tutors. Eligibility and application requirements are listed here:
- Be a past or present TBB tutor (applying to become a tutor does not count!)
- Have volunteered with TBB for a total of at least 12 months (does not have to be a consecutive 12 months)
- Be enrolled in undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate studies (preference given to undergraduates heading into graduate/professional school or already be in graduate school)
- Provide proof of enrollment with an accredited university or academic institution for current program of study
- Provide a one-page single-spaced essay describing what your goals are in the future, and what steps you have taken to bring yourself closer to that goal
- Provide a curriculum vitae or resume detailing your academic achievements and extracurricular activities
Each recipient is restricted to only one TBB Founder’s Scholarship in his or her lifetime as the aim of the scholarship is to benefit as many qualified and deserving candidates as possible.
A TBB Scholarship Selection Committee consisting of members of the Board of Directors will be assessing each applicant based on the following criteria:
- Length of service as a volunteer with TBB
- Number of tutoring and volunteer hours logged (yes, they really do count for something apart from statistics!)
- Overall performance and contribution to Tutoring Beyond Borders, either as part of the team or helping out in other aspects
- Academic achievements and extracurricular activities
- Applicant’s financial need
Please send your application, including all required documents and optional supplementary material as attachments in PDF format, to email@example.com. Please use “TBB Founder’s Scholarship Application – Your Name” in the subject of the email.
A confirmation e-mail will be sent upon receipt of your application.